There is a certain electricity of atmosphere that descends on London as the world’s most celebrated trendsetters gather for Fashion Week. A few crazy days of show-stopping catwalk shows, swanky soirees and street style, this season we turned to Martha Ward for her insider’s guide to LFW.
- Welcome to my London Fashion Week! Never could there be a more contrasting footwear offering than right here on the front row.
2. Having a quick catch up at the hub of The Daily (LFW newspaper) which is based in-house with the H&M team.
3. OOTD (‘outfit of the day’ for those not up to speed with the lingo) is an Orla Kiely spot dress and Smythson Grosvenor mini crossbody bag.
“A hands free bag is essential during the daytime of LFW.”
4. Staple diet during the shows – well, whatever you can lay your hands on. This tends to be popcorn (distributed freely and everywhere) and chocolate. These beauties from The Store in Brewer Street (home of LFW) are so wonderfully packaged they are almost too good to eat. Chic-olate indeed.
5. A proper knees up at the Mr Porter 5th birthday party at the Savile Club in Mayfair. Bowler hatted men, a Narnia wardrobe, dry martini and caviar bars, and a lot of other fabulous fanfare.
7. In transit between shows. Today’s colours seem to be well co-ordinated. The Mulberry ticket is the same colour as my dress. And the carpet at Paul Smith, too, was a shade of saffron. Uncanny.
8. Quick change into Erdem for his wrap party at the Old Selfridge’s Hotel. Nothing else for up but a swift updo; a day of high winds played havoc with the hair.
“I want to BE this woman. The Christopher Kane show never fails to delight and inspire. Who else could make a plastic headscarf look so good?”
10. Admiring Mary’s collection at Mark’s Club. This, for sure, will be the most wanted knit of next season.
Now for the round up…Catching up with The Daily (our LFW bible), going over all the show notes (Erdem had the prettiest – see imagery here), and thank you cards for all the lovely dinners courtesy of Smythson’s super cool fashion capitals notecards.